Laughter is important for our well being.
- It will help us to maintain a good balanced outlook on life and not become overwhelmed by the challenges we might face.
- It will reduce our stress levels.
- It eases pain.
- It lifts our mood and relieves depression.
- It can be a good work out
- It stimulates the brain.
That’s just a few good reasons to laugh.. There are many more and I could expand on each of these but you get the drift.
Laugh Its good for you. Find something to laugh about,
Have a good old belly laugh. You will feel so much better.
Try reading the following story for a start. Also take a look at Jeanne Robertson
I had a good laugh one night while listening to an interview of a group of people who had all reached 100 plus.
The last lady who was asked what she attributed her longevity to said after a bit of a pause, ” I think God just forgot about me.”
How gorgeous is that. She was 107 years old and still had the presence of mind to give an answer like that. I think who life must have been full of laughter. What a gem.
The world needs more gems like that.
Life is serious enough, lets find things to make us laugh.
It is important for our well being.
Young grand children can be one of the best sources of laughter.
Today my lttle 3 year old was about to go to bed and I suggested she go to the toilet first. She shook her body in the cutest way and said, “I dont need to do a wee wee. “. A simple little thing like that can cause us to laugh and it is good.
The Bible tells us to laugh and be joyful
Psalm 126:2-3 “Then our mouths were filled with laughter and our tongues with joyful songs”
Job 8:21 He will once again fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.
Proverbs 31:25-26 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future of the future.
Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.
Proverbs 15:13 A joyful heart makes a cheerful face, but with a heartache comes depression.
Proverbs 15:15 For the despondent, every day brings trouble; for the happy heart, life is a continual feast.
Laughter is good medicine, and God gave it to us for our well being.. Find something to laugh about every day.
Twelve Quotes about Laughter for you to Consider
- I have not seen anyone dying of laughter, but I know millions who are dying because they are not laughing. – Dr. Madan Kataria
- A good laugh heals a lot of hurts. — Madeleine L’Engle
- A good laugh is sunshine in the house. — William Thackeray
- A smile starts on the lips, a grin spreads to the eyes, a chuckle comes from the belly; but a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, overflows, and bubbles all around. — Carolyn Birmingham
- Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine. — Lord Byron
- An optimist laughs to forget; a pessimist forgets to laugh. — Tom Nansbury
- As soap is to the body, so laughter is to the soul. — A Jewish Proverb
- Grim care, moroseness, and anxiety—all this rust of life ought to be scoured off by the oil of mirth. Mirth is God’s medicine. — Henry Ward Beecher
- If Laughter cannot solve your problems, it will definitely DISSOLVE your problems; so that you can think clearly what to do about them – Dr. Madan Kataria
- Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. — Elsa Maxwell
- Laugh my friend, for laughter ignites a fire within the pit of your belly and awakens your being. —Stella & Blake
- Laughter has no foreign accent. — Paul Lowney
Have you had a good laugh today.
Here is a short video especially for those with a Scottish connection. that might help.
I think God has a real sense of humor. Look at the Aussie Kookaburra. I used to tell my kids when they were throwing a wobbly and the kookaburras started laughing, that they were the ones being laughed at.
I would just love it if you would share some of your humor with us. Leave a link in the comments.
Its good to share the joy. Laughter is important for all of us to beat off the blues and remain happy and healthy, so do share a laugh with us.