What is it to be old?
When we are very young we think people around 20 years of age are old, but then as we grow our thinking changes so that anyone who is 20 years older than us is considered old.Take a look at the following experiment and then decide, what is old.
So there you go, we have proven it that we are not really old we have just changed in our appearance and demeanour.
We can take on new and exciting challenges;
I am going to issue us all with a weekly challenge..
We will begin with an easy one. This week our challenge is to sign up to WA and learn how to build a website for free.
This website will be like a blog telling our own stories. We each have a different story to tell. We have all had low times and high times, we have experienced many difficult times and many times of great joy, but we all have a story to tell.
This blog will be a legacy to our families so that we can tell all of our stories before it it s too late. When I was young I would visit an elderly man who lived alone in an old timber hut in the bush. His name was always Mr Hare. Mr Hare loved having visitors and especially children. He would keep a table full of little gifts so that he always had something to give a child who visited.
I spent many hours listening to him tell fascinating stories of what it was like when he was young and why he lived alone in the bush and of the many adventures he had during his lifetime. He was an incredibly intriguing man who was full of stories. But do you know, I never wrote them down. Mr Hare died and his stories died with him. I always felt that was so sad, when he had so many wonderful experiences which could have been shared if only I or someone else had taken the time to record them.
So friends we have a challenge this week to build a website and just use it to tell our stories.
Every time I go to a funeral for a person I thought I knew, I realize I hardly knew them at all. Its amazing what can be said about you when you are no longer here to verify or deny the facts.
I know we can all do this. I started building a website 3 and half months ago, now I have 7 websites about all different topics that interest me. I think even my own children will be surprised at what they learn about me through my writing.
You can do it! Yes you can ! You are not too old …..yet!
Lets Begin with Wealthy Affiliate
- The first thing you need to do is click on the link below and it will take you to a sign up page. Simply fill in your details and sign up.
- Once you are inside you need to choose an interest. Our starter interest will be our own personal stories.
- Work through the lessons and watch the videos. I find it is good to have the tutoring page open and my draft web page open at the same time.That way I can apply the learning as it is given.
- You need to choose a theme for your site. Make sure you choose one that is adaptable for PC’s laptops, tablets and phones.
- It is not hard, you can play around with your first website but save your content for you delete a page to start again.
- Have fun, enjoy your new learning and down the road a little you can monetize your site so that you can earn an income from it.
- Lets share our learning on WA or through the comments section here.
- One last point allocate a block of time each week or day to work on it. Remember we have to fit in other aspects of our lives as well.
- Feel proud of your progress.
Let me Know how you are getting on